Delete 360 Total Security from Windows 10 or 11 with these simple steps! This article explains in depth how to remove 360 Total Security from Windows 10 and 11.
Rogue anti-spyware application Antivirus 360 promotes itself through deceptive scan results and intrusive advertisements. Vundo, a Trojan, is now promoting this fake antivirus software instead of the fake antivirus software called Antivirus 2009 that it has been promoting previously. When your computer is infected with the Vundo Trojan, you will notice a barrage of popups warning you that your system is compromised, and you recommend downloading Antivirus 360.
Antivirus 360 will be downloaded to your computer if you click the ad, and installation instructions will be presented. Antivirus 360 can be set to launch automatically with Windows after installation. After launch, the software will scan your computer and report many legal and fake files that it claims are infected and cannot be removed without purchasing the software. The files that Antivirus 360 incorrectly identifies as malware are, in fact, legitimate Microsoft components; deleting them will render Windows inoperable.
You can use advanced tools like Advanced Uninstaller to eliminate windows programs.
Many more issues prevent the removal of 360 Total Security. Problems can also arise if you try to uninstall 360 Total Security but fail to do so entirely. Therefore, getting rid of 360 Total Security and wiping the slate clean is crucial.
- Step 1: First click the Start button, then click on Control Panel and then on Programs and Features.
- Step 2: Find 360 Total Security, double click on the entry and follow the uninstall procedure.
- Step 3: Once the program runs, it will ask if you want to uninstall 360 Total Security. Click Continue.
- Step 4: After clicking Continue, a popup will ask if you want to remove 360 Total Security permanently. Click Yes. A message will notify you that the uninstallation is complete.
- Step 5: Restart your PC and check if any files remain from the program. Select Computer, Local Disk (C:), and then Program Files from the Start Menu. Next, locate the “360” folder and delete it (if it exists).
Of course, if you’re not comfortable with computers or Windows, there are other ways to remove 360 Total Security. However, if you implement these strategies, you will see positive results. The user does not need extensive experience with an operating system’s inner workings to implement these methods. They can easily remove 360 Total Security by following the on-screen prompts.