An anti-malware program that can remove all infections and malware from a computer is Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
Using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, you can scan your computer for malware, such as viruses and spyware, before you begin.
When dealing with a computer that has been infected, there are several things you need to do. First, all the steps involved in running Malwarebytes should be reviewed before running the program.No posts for this criteria.
Download, Install, and Run Malwarebytes
To download, install, and run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, do the following:
- Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
- You may access the download at: https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/
- Close all open programs on the computer before attempting to download
- Click the Download Free button to download MalwareBytes for your machine (Windows or Mac)
- Click the icon after it is finished downloading in your browser to start installation. If it did not save in your browser, check your desktop or “downloads” folder in your File Explorer (Windows) or Finder (Mac). Once the set up file is opened, it will begin the set up process.
- If your computer asks to let the application make changes to your computer, click Yes
- The set up will not take long. Once it is downloaded, it will open automatically.
- Go through the prompts when the application opens. You are not obligated to buy a license for the software, but you are welcome to. The free version works fine.
- To start your first scan, click Scan after it opens. The scan may take several minutes.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will now start scanning. When the scan finishes, a screen will show any malware that was detected, if any was detected. See Figure 1 to see a pending scan, and Figure 2 for a completed scan with no threats found:
What Do I Do if MalwareBytes Finds Threats on my Computer?
Using Malwarebytes, you can view the report and quarantine any threats that have been found on your computer after completing the scan. Then, on the main page, click [Detection History] to access quarantined threats that have been removed from the system.
The system may ask you to restart the computer once the complete scan and eliminate the threats. In addition, the computer will need to be renewed for a second scan to ensure no new threats lurk.No posts for this criteria.
To update Malwarebytes once it has already been installed, do the following:
- Launch Malwarebytes.
- On the launch page, click the gear icon in the top-right corner to view the settings. Click the About button on the far right corner. The currently installed version of MalwareBytes will appear on the left. Click the Check for Updates button to check for updates. If no update is found, you currently have the latest version installed. If you are prompted to install an update, install the update and do another scan on your computer.
After Malwarebytes has been updated, scan your computer.
Scan Your Computer
To scan your computer with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware after your initial scan, do the following:
- Launch Malwarebytes.
- Make sure Malwarebytes is up to date (see above).
- Click the Scan button.
- Let the scan progress. If threats are found, follow the prompts to quarantine the threats.
You now have successfully checked your computer using Malwarebytes.